cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can links in the new color scheme please be made distinguishable?

10 REPLIES 10
Piranha
Chief II

@Camilo LEMOS​, indeed the recent change of link color has made it much worse.

Camilo LEMOS
Senior II

Hi @Community member​ and @Piranha​ !

Thank you for the feedback! We've recently adjusted the colors in the community to reflect the new official ST colors. With that said, you're right on this one; the link colors are too dark to make them distinguishable from the rest of the text on the website. I'm talking to the appropriate teams now and will make the necessary changes as soon as possible.

Thank you again!

Hi @Camilo LEMOS​ ,

Thanks for the response.

Can the "appropriate teams" members please come here and discuss/listen to us? It appears they don't understand that for *technical* texts the "official ST colors" or "modern feel and look" are completely irrelevant, as - contrary to them - we actually *use* these things.

Thanks,

Jan Waclawek

PS. There is a link in that text above

berendi
Principal

@Camilo LEMOS​ tell them it's an accessibility issue, you might get sued over that.

The same goes for the new style "blue" technical documentation and the CubeMX pinout editor (where I can barely tell unused grey from possible alternative blue apart).

Camilo LEMOS
Senior II

Hi @berendi​ @Piranha​ and @Community member​ 

We have changed the color of the links in the community to light blue, following your feedback. This color should make links easier to spot, while keeping the community consistent with the new ST colors.

Can you please let me know if you have any thoughts to share?

Thank you again for your help!

Hi @Camilo LEMOS​ 

Isn't this blue lighter than it used to be? Contrast is higher for sure, but the light blue is barely readable.

Changing the text from grey to black would also help readability.

Please drop the notion of "official" ST colors. This is a technical forum, we *use* it, we don't need to enjoy color schemes. Please restrain "official color schemes" to marketing material.

Thanks,

Jan

Camilo LEMOS
Senior II

Hi @Community member​ , thank you again for the feedback!

I've made some adjustments; how does it look to you now?

Thank you!

Hi @Camilo LEMOS​ ,

Thanks for the changes.

It's probably better. It would be nice to hear others' opinion, too.

Jan

TDK
Guru

It's way better, but it's silly that links are not underlined by default IMO. A number of sites do this now, so ST is not the only offender.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".