cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading CubeIDE 1.2 to 1.3 fails

S.Ma
Principal

I could download latest HAL library for STM32L4 (which means my internet setup maybe correct), but when trying to launch an upgrade to CubeIDE 1.3, it fails (no upgrade available, server unavailable). Is it just me? (no apparent related post found so far) or should I just download a full install of 1.3 ?

3 REPLIES 3
S.Ma
Principal

Installing Cube3.0 took 5 mn to download the 0.7GB zip files, 3 minutes to install, then about 15mn to figure out how to migrate from Cube 1.2 project into Cube 1.3

Build seems ok, now need to check if the SW still does the same thing as HAL version changed too.

Julien D
ST Employee

Hello Dot,

About your upgrade issue, may I ask you if you are behind a proxy ?

If so, did you configured it in [ Preferences > Network Connections ] ?

In fact I also experienced this by settings the 3 protocols (HTTP, HTTPS, SOCKS); it works well if I set only HTTP(S) and let SOCKS empty, but only when restarting STM32CubeIDE or reloading manually all the sites urls from [ Preferences > Install/Update > Available Software Sites ] after each proxy settings changes.

HTH

S.Ma
Principal

I was able to use CubeIDE to download the latest HAL but upgrading CubeIDE failed. Network connection was ok (as I could update HAL), network connections as DIRECT. Installing from scratch was faster than trying to upgrade. Importing 1.2 project into 1.3 was the only main challenge here.