cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I'm want to acquire rawdata from the SensorTile.box (Steval$MKSBOX1V1). Using the app, I can get 16bits output raw data when Bluetooth streaming and then sending the files to email, but it's very limited.

MMarq.1
Associate

How to I get control over the output data format? Is there a way I can upgrade the firmware, without any additional hardware (just using USB cable and STM32Cube IDE or Programmer) to change how I record the data?

3 REPLIES 3
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @MMarq.1​ , which kind of datalog structure would you like to save? Please note that you can create your own app in "Expert" mode, selecting the sensors in the order you want and save it on the SD card (except from the microphone which will be saved in .wav extension, 16bit 16kHz pcm). Here below the Expert mode configuration:

0693W000000UUlCQAW.jpg

Btw, if you want something more "sophisticated" i suggest you to use the already available example "Datalog" or "Datalog extended" of the firmware function pack FP-SNS-STBOX1, described in the user manual UM2626 at p.10 and p.18. In order to upload this FW (.bin file) on the ST.box MCU, please follow the steps described at this link.

Regards

MMarq.1
Associate

Hi @Eleon BORLINI​, thanks for answering.

I'm already successfully using the Expert Mode as you showed. I was able to save the output data with 'File to SD Card' and save DataLog while on "Stream to Bluetooth':

0693W000000UYgQQAW.png

The latter data format is quite what I want, but I need to save raw-data from multiple sensors simultaneously. Also, the app limits the ODR when streaming to Bluetooth and I need higher values.

I tried to do run the example 'Datalog' but I can't make the sensortile.box to be recognized as a Virtual Com port. I already tried to connect as you mentioned here, but it didn't work. The hardware is invisible to UNICLEO-GUI and STM32Cube programmer, but I it works when transferring files. I wonder if I need to get more hardware to make it work, (Link V3 to the board JTAG20) or it's just the USB cable connected to the computer.

Summarizing: I want to edit an example, like 'Data recorder', to export raw data from the sensor to the SD card with the parameters that I set.

Hi @MMarq.1​ , about your statements:

>> I need to save raw-data from multiple sensors simultaneously.

please consider however that the different sensors have different ODR and in general they are not related to reciprocal multiple values. So the datalog is synchronized on the greater ODR (e.g. 52Hz or higher for the gyro), and if for example the temperature ODR=1Hz, you will see 52 times the same value.

>> I wonder if I need to get more hardware to make it work, (Link V3 to the board JTAG20) or it's just the USB cable connected to the computer.

It is not mandatory to use the STLINK for downloading a new firmware on ST.box MCU. You can use the STM32Programmer setting the board in DFU mode and downloading the .bin file of the application, as described at this LINK.

Regards