cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"TouchGFX Run Simulation is not working" <Condtions> TouchGFX 4.13.0 Designer Window10 32bits STM32F7508-DK(Application Template)

YKim.11
Associate

<Symptom>

1)

touchgfx update_project --project-file=..\EWARM\STM32F7508_DISCO.ewp --gui-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/gui --generated-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/generated && touchgfx update_proect --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj && ruby updateMXProj.rb

Could not find command "update_proect".

Failed

In Test1.touchgfx

"PostGenerateCommand": "touchgfx update_project --project-file=..\\EWARM\\STM32F7508_DISCO.ewp --gui-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/gui --generated-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/generated && touchgfx update_proect --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj && ruby updateMXProj.rb",

"update_proect" <-----------This one might be error

2) Post Generate

touchgfx update_project --project-file=..\EWARM\STM32F7508_DISCO.ewp --gui-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/gui --generated-group-name=Application/User/TouchGFX/generated && touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj && ruby updateMXProj.rb

updateMXProj.rb:11:in `<main>': undefined method `[]' for nil:NilClass (NoMethodError)

Failed

Failed

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi,

"update_proect" is definitely not right and updateMXProj.rb is not used anymore.

Which version of the Application template are you using? V3 definitely does not use the command you're listing.

"PostGenerateCommand": "touchgfx update_project --project-file=simulator/msvs/Application.vcxproj",
    "PostGenerateTargetCommand": "touchgfx update_project --project-file=../STM32F7508-DK.ioc --platform=m7",

Try V3!

/Martin

Hello Martin,

Could you please explain the location and updating specifics of the TouchGFX ApplicationTemplates?

As far as I could see in the documentation, there is no specific location where these templates (v1, v2, or v3) can be manually manipulated except in the initial installation of the TouchGFX installer.

I too am getting this error, but your comment about it being the 'wrong' template selected needs further clarification as it is not 'choosable' in the standard product. (there is no v3 template available to select, only v2).

Also, am I correct to assume that any discovery board without a v3 template will not work with the TouchGFX designer?

I have several Discovery boards, the H747I, the F746G, the F750, the H750B, the F429I and any board that does not have a v3 template will fail on the generate code. Am I doing something wrong?

Finally, my TouchGFX Application Template chooser only has STM32F429I (actually there seem to be 2 identical ones of this board), 32K496G, 32H7B3I,

32H750B, 32H743I, 32F769I (both the Eval and Disc versions), 32F756G options for v3 templates, does this mean that I can currently only use these boards if I want to use the touchgfx generated setup code ?

Thanks,

hg

Application Templates are available through the TouchGFX designer when you create a new application.

And no you're not correct in assuming that non-V3 will not work, because they're all designed to work with the Designer 🙂 But, only V3 have CubeMX 5.5/TouchGFX Generator support. We're working on getting all ATs up to V3. Which one do you need?

/Martin