cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F4 ULPI at Host mode: No full enumeration of connected devices. Bugs on current CubeMX 1.25.0 Release?

bernieserver
Associate II

Hello,

i try to implement an USB3300 ULPI PHY on STM32F429ZI Nucleo which an attached "daugtherboard", a WavesShare USB3300 USB HS Board, populated with an SMSC USB3300.

0693W000000UKNZQA4.jpg

I want connect an USB stick to write down some data in High Speed mode. I am using the STM32F429 ZI USB HS ULPI interface.

I am using a System Workbench project created by CubeMX including RTOS, FATFs and some code to forward printf output over SWO. I have zipped the whole project and appended it on this thread for testing.

I have enabled logging in the host driver by setting

#define USBH_DEBUG_LEVEL     3U

The log output is:

Starting ... (My own log)

USB Device Connected (Logs from USB Device stack starting..)

USB Device Reset Completed

PID: c24ch

VID: 46dh

Address (#1) assigned.

ERROR: Control error: Device not responding

USB Device Connected

USB Device Reset Completed

[permanent retries each half second]

On power on therer is a communication, the PID and VID is being read out.

But then the following error occurs:

Here is a screenshot of a breakpoint including caller stack and variable view

0693W000000UKNoQAO.png

I tried several USB sticks as well as an older Logitech mouse without success.

The same driver stack works on the USB OTG FS connector on the board (after reconfiguring)

I tried to use an eight channel logics analyzer (Saleae Logics) which is way too slow to handle the 60 Mhz Clock output or the 2.0 data lines (480 Mhz).

But I see signals and the reset behaviour

0693W000000UKNyQAO.png

A closer look into the communication with the signal names.

0693W000000UKODQA4.png

It shows maybe the communication of the vendor and devide ID.

Does anyone has an idea? Is there a bug in the newes CubeMX HAL for the F4?

2 REPLIES 2

I would be surprised if those 60MHz signals you can't capture with your LA would work properly over a bird's best of flying leads. Even if you'd use a proper return/ground for each signal - which I doubt you do.

JW

I would be surprised if those 60MHz signals you can't capture with your LA would work properly over a bird's best of flying leads. Even if you'd use a proper return/ground for each signal - which I doubt you do.

JW