cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I build an example project using Motor Control Workbench, STM32CubeMX, and

lfish.1633
Associate II

I'm trying to create and build and run an example project (6Steps_P-NUCLEO-IHM003.stmcx) for a STMG431 uC on a Nucleo-G432RB eval board. I've taken the following steps:

1) Launch ST Motor Control Workbench (Vers 5.4.2) and select the example project.

2) Select File-Generation.

3) Change Firmware Package Version to STM32 FW V1.2.0 and select HAL drive type.

4) Click "GENERATE" button.

5) After generate completes, click "RUN STM32CubeMX" button.

6) In STM32CubeMX (Vers 5.6.0) click "GENERATE CODE" button.

7) Launch STM32CubeIDE (Vers 1.3.0).

😎 Select File->Import->Import STMe2CubeMX .ioc file and click Next> button.

Note: this opens dialog box: "Download selected Files" and another box opens inside that containing "Problem during download and/or Unzip of selected Files. Error downloading the following files: mxusFeaturesAndDescription.json._tmp_ (Not available)"

When I click OK the above repeats once. Clicking OK the second time appears to finish and a dialog box opens for the the import operation.

9) Browse to the .ioc file created in step 6.

10) Uncheck "Use default location, click the "Finish" button and wait for the "Project Creation" to complete.

11) Highlight the project name (6Steps_P-NUCLEO-IHM003) and build it.

This results in 25 errors, all related to a missing file: "stm32g4xx_ll_bus.h" referenced from file: "mc_stm_types.h". Selecting the first of these errors opens file: "mc_stm_types.h" where I see that there are actually 11 files missing, all prefixed with ""stm32g4xx_ll_".

Doing a little searching I found several other files with the same prefix located in the project folder at: Drivers\STM32G4xx_HAL_Driver\Inc\ but the files that the build failed to find are indeed missing. Strangely, all of those files are present in the same folder after the "GENERATE CODE" process (Step 6 above) and appear to have been deleted during the import operation.

Questions:

Is there a document somewhere that describes in detail how to build this example project?

Is the sequence I used correct?

Why do I get the two errors WRT file "mxusFeaturesAndDescription.json._tmp_" during the opening of the import project dialog box?

Why do a bunch of include files get deleted during import?

1 REPLY 1
mscot.1
Associate III

I get similar issues when i try to open this project for IAR 8.

Version info: 

MC Workbench    : 5.4.3.19514

WB_to_Mx      : 1.0.6.template-19-11-14

STM32CubeMX    : 5.6.1

MC Firmware Library: 5.4.3

Generation options: 

Target Toolchain  : IAR EWARM V8

Target Driver   : HAL - Hardware Abstraction Layer

Target STM32 FW  : 1.1.0