cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Import a projet to a different evaluation card

UTANG.1
Associate II

Hello,

I am currently working on a project integrating the ST package (fp-aud-smartmic1) allowing to test acoustic improvement functions (echo cancellation, beamforming ...) however I wish to work on a different microcontroller than the one proposed in the package.

Old evaluation card: NUCLEO-F446RE.

New evaluation card: NUCLEO-H743ZI.

I would like to import the project on this evaluation card (NUCLEO-H743ZI). The problem is that in the initial package there is no pinout configuration (.ioc). So I don't know how to import the project.

It would help me a lot if you can help me. 😀

Regards,

Ulysse

3 REPLIES 3
TDK
Guru

Migrating code from STM32F4 to STM32H7 will take some work. The core type has changed, many of the peripherals have changed, the clock setup has changed. It would require quite a bit of changes to the code. Having the IOC file won't do all of this for you.

If you feel a post has answered your question, please click "Accept as Solution".

If the original project was written by engineers and not CubeMX, there will not be an .IOC file

Best you extract the pin utilization manually, and use that as a template for the new board.

Or make a simpler framework with CubeMX, and merge in the code you need, adjusting to fit the new architecture as you go.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
UTANG.1
Associate II

Hi thank you for your anwers,

I found a video made by ST explaining how to migrate a project to another series of a microcontroller. However it uses µVision IDE and I want to stay on STM32cubeIDE because my project is too big to be accepted on the trial version of µVision IDE.

The first thing he does in the video is to change the MCU target however I can't find this tool on stm32cubeIDE, where is it? and what will be the effect of this tool on the project?