cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Need help !!!! Trying to get POS aka "Point of scale" reports on USB Host (STM32F407VG) connecting as HID.

Vivek yadav1
Associate III

Let me tell you few things.

1: I have successfully connected my micro-controller (STM32F103C8T6) as HID device. I made 3 HID devices namely mouse, custom Keyboard and Point of Scale aka POS.

and they are working perfectly on Windows and Linux environment.

2: Now i want to connect them with my STM Discovery Board( STM32F407VG ) which is working as USB HOST.

3: I am using CubeMx IDE to generate code. Where i selected as USB HOST only and HID class. which by default give me two HID (mouse and Keyboard) API's for working. So I choose Mouse to see that Am i receiving data from mouse or not. and I successfully receiving data.

So what is my problem.

I want to understand that how this reports are coming to me. So later I can use them to see POS reports. Which API will give Endpoint data to me.

4: How can i get Report descriptor of printer class ?

#USB​ #POS #HID #HOST

1 REPLY 1
Vivek yadav1
Associate III

I have solved my problems. Although there are many questions still there which will resolve slowly.

Now I have tested my code over 4 different type of printers including Dot Printer and Laser printer. All are working as expected.

Now I can announce that I have made my first printer class USB Host Driver using HAL library.