cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where to buy a STLinkV3 MODS board ?

AIM65
Associate III

I designed a pcb adapter for this board in order to use it with my V2 based project, I’ll received soon this pcb from JLCPCB but I find no way to buy a board :

ST website distributor stock informations are wrong,

Digikey as 0 in stock

Farnell has’nt got the product registered

Could ST sell me one via its shop or where can I find one ?, as a person not a corporate.

thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

I've shipped cases of NUCLEO's out of Europe as an "individual", never really had a problem, beyond signing an export doc.

If they require a business name just give "Not Specified", or ship Care Of (C/O) a business address, like "C/O The UPS Store"

Yes, I'd have thought you could float the few parts of the backside of the ST-LINK/V3MINI, or solder some pins in a cage format to stand proud of the target board.

Will flag this post for the attention of an FAE with responsibility for Maker's

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

13 REPLIES 13
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

It is always a good idea to procure the needed parts before ordering the PCB.

https://www.findchips.com/search/STLinkV3%20MODS indicates avaialibity at Rutronik

AIM65
Associate III

Thanks, but Rutronik , which was previously annonced by ST web site, is for corporate only.

Those boards are annonced by ST since some months and are still unavailable. 

Mouser should have some in few weeks, but it's not confirmed.

Where to buy ?

If you don't have a contact at your local ST office, you can just back order on DigiKey and Mouser and have then sent as soon as they come into stock.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Perhaps you can modify a StlinkV3 mini.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Argh, availability is also only with non-private sellers. Perhaps watch

https://www.reichelt.de/index.html?ACTION=446&LA=0&nbc=1&q=stlink

S.Ma
Principal

Apparently no stock nowhere:

https://octopart.com/search?q=STLinkV3+MODS&currency=USD&specs=0

replenishment probably under way... even the MINI seems sold out.

I've shipped cases of NUCLEO's out of Europe as an "individual", never really had a problem, beyond signing an export doc.

If they require a business name just give "Not Specified", or ship Care Of (C/O) a business address, like "C/O The UPS Store"

Yes, I'd have thought you could float the few parts of the backside of the ST-LINK/V3MINI, or solder some pins in a cage format to stand proud of the target board.

Will flag this post for the attention of an FAE with responsibility for Maker's

AIM65
Associate III

Thanks all for your answers and thanks to Clive1 to escaladate the case.

STLinkV3 with its 24Mbps throughput is becoming very attractive with recently released ST debugging product STCubeMonitor.

Modifiyng a V3mini is not an option I’ll attempt, because V3mini has more parts installed on the pc than the V3MODS even thought it provide less capabilities. Without the schematics and without knowing if there are software differences between both board it’s a much to random trial.

I will wait for Mouser...

Amel NASRI
ST Employee

Hello,

I checked internally and would like to inform you that current planning is to have STLinkV3 MODS boards available by the end of April 2020 (cross fingers not to delay it again because of the WW situation).

-Amel

To give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.