cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Memory read/write lock in ISO15693 Type-V Cards

vaibh_p
Associate II

Hi , while referring to example file , in the file "rfal_nfcv.h" there is function declaration "rfalNfcvPollerLockBlock" . Need more understanding on this.

Exactly Locking the block means what ? Once we locked the block than can we read data from that block ??? And can we unlock the same block.

Also is there any type of authentication supported by ST25R3911B for Type-V cards while reading data ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

basic ones are implemented in rfal_nfcv.c. Some more are in rfal_st25xv.c. However any command can easily be implemented using rfalNfcvPollerTransceiveReq().

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

Typically this command will make the selected block read-only. For exact definition of what LockBlock does on a tag please check the DS of the tag in question. The DS will also detail the exact conditions when it is allowed and (if at all) under which conditions it can be un-done.

The ISO/IEC 15693-3 and NFC Forum Digital/T5T also describe the commands from a standards perspective.

Regards, Ulysses

vaibh_p
Associate II

Do RFAL Library provide any "Command" functions for Type-V cards {Specifically configuration commands for accessing and modifying configuration memory} ?

I didn't find any one except for few ones like INVENTORY , SELECT.

I was looking for WRITE AFI , GET RANDOM NUMBER, WRITE PASSWORD, LOCK PASSWORD, etc.

Or do I need to use any other function that are already defined in RFAL Library.

Thanks

Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

basic ones are implemented in rfal_nfcv.c. Some more are in rfal_st25xv.c. However any command can easily be implemented using rfalNfcvPollerTransceiveReq().

Regards, Ulysses

Thanks Ulysses