cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot get data from the SensorTile.Box into the Watson IoT Platform

GRobl
Associate II

I am using Algobuilder to setup a dumb application to get the acceleration from the SensorTile.Box. I compile it using the BLE template and connect the box ST BLE Sensor Android App. The connection between the App and the Watson IoT Platform is correct and I see my device in the Platform dashboard but I do not get any data. Moreover, I hit start logging in the mobile phone App but no csv file is created. I even tried to use Unicleo GUI with BLE capability enabled but I cannot see anything because the PC Bluetooth configuration cannot connect to the Box.

If I compile the dumb application without the BLE template, everything works: I can get the data with Algobuilder and Unicleo GUI through the COM port.

What is wrong??

Last week I could connect to the Watson IoT Platform and get the data correctly and now, it does not work?

Any idea?

Regards

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @GRobl​ , pleasw find here below our answers:

>> I see my device in the Platform dashboard but I do not get any data. Moreover, I hit start logging in the mobile phone App but no csv file is created. 

Firmware generated by AlgoBuilder is not compatible with ST BLE Sensor App so the data won’t be visible in the applications.

>> I even tried to use Unicleo GUI with BLE capability enabled but I cannot see anything because the PC Bluetooth configuration cannot connect to the Box.

It is necessary to pair the SensorTile.box in Windows, Windows 10 are mandatory, then it should work.

>> Last week I could connect to the Watson IoT Platform and get the data correctly and now, it does not work?

We didn’t do any change in AlgoBuilder or Unicleo-GUI recently so the problem should not be related to this tools, but I’m not sure how it could work before (see the first comment).

Regards

GRobl
Associate II

Thank you,

I'll try to focus on my two problems which are not related between each other:

1. I cannot pair my SensorTile.Box in Windows 10 via bluetooth. I open the bluetooth configuration in W10, I find the Box (ALGOB) and try to pair it. W10 answers that I can click connect if the PIN shown in ALGOB is XXXXXX. But I do not know how to check if that is the number shown in the Box and I cannot change it to 123456 for instance. I click connect anyway but the pairing fails. Therefore, I cannot use Unicleo-GUI to check the data streaming.
  2. I want to receive the data in the Watson IoT Platform. This is the process I follow: I build my application with Algobuilder with BLE capability. I connect the Box to the ST BLE Sensor App via bluetooth and enter in cloud logging. I select Watson IoT and enter the data to connect to my Watson IoT Platform. Now I can see the device in Watson but no data is received. This process worked for me last week and received data form the Box but it no longer works.
    1. Using the ST BLE Sensor App and following these steps is the correct way to connect the box to an external IoT Platform?
    2. Now, I know that I cannot see the data directly in the ST BLE Sensor App but I should be able to receive the data and create a csv with the data as well as sending it to the Watson IoT Platform.
    3. Last week I even could select in the ST BLE Sensor App what data I was sending to the Watson IoT Platform selecting from a list of the variables of the Example01_Demo in Algobuilder. This is why all this is so strange. The difference is that it worked in my desktop and now I am with my laptop.