cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

We have code base developed on Standard peripheral library for STM32F103 using IAR embedded workbench for ARM. We need to migrate to STM32F7 series controller. Is there Standard Peripheral Library for STM32F7 series? I cannot see the same on ST site.

BAmru.1
Associate

IAR version is 8.32.1. It has CMSIS library support for F7 controllers.

4 REPLIES 4
Piranha
Chief II

No, and will not be. Look at AN5044 or rewrite your code to register level.

berendi
Principal

Some peripherals in the STM32F7 are register level compatible with the STM32F4 series, for which there is a Standard Peripheral Library.

For the list of (in)compatible peripherals see AN4660 Migration of microcontroller applications from STM32F42xxx/F43xxx devices to STM32F7 Series devices.

Then I would just rewrite the SPL drivers for the incompatible ones, keeping the SPL function names and interfaces wherever possible.

BAmru.1
Associate

Thanks Piranha and Berendi for your replies. now I understand that there is no SPL for F7 series. Also do you have any idea about following query:

1. I am using IAR Embedded workbench for development which has its own CMSIS files for ARM. IAR does not allow to use CMSIS files from ST(or at least I am not able to compile like that). So for F1 series, I was using SPL from ST and CMSIS that came with IAR.
  2. So, does ST LL drivers generated using  SPL2LL-Converter has ST generated CMSIS binding or I can use the LL drivers generated using  SPL2LL-Converter in IAR with IAR supported CMSIS file for ARM.
Piranha
Chief II

https://github.com/ARM-software/CMSIS_5

Just use CMSIS-Core files from ARM and CMSIS-Device definition/source files from ST. I don't use IAR, but I don't believe that it cannot compile anything you need, otherwise it wouldn't be a decent IDE. Quick search finds this, where it seems that you can configure to build anything you want:

https://www.silabs.com/community/mcu/32-bit/knowledge-base.entry.html/2014/06/25/create_a_new_project-Geye