cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeIDE V1.3.0 "Debugger connection lost"

Sjohn.2
Associate

I have seen this same thread somewhere before, but for a MAC platform, so hopefully someone has solved it for windows also.

V1.3.0 Windows (running on 10) allows for .ioc creation and compiliation (using gcc eclipse compiler) but.... with both Nucleo-F446 or F407 boards , neither the nucleo ST-Link or an external ST-link /V2 module work for the debugger.the dreaded "Debugger connection lost. Shutting down " always happens. Files download and program fine however. Reverting back to V1.0.2 the debugger works as expected! I can see all the watch variables.

Looks like my projects created with V1.3 also do not load into V1.0.2, so that is a problem, (but one I can live with if I am forced to develop in V1.0.2...)

Is there a fix to this V1.3 problem?

Below are screen shots of the message log. Does the fact that I am using the HAL libaries make any difference?

Thanks for any assistance.

2 REPLIES 2
dackley
Associate II

I also encountered this same problem while trying to program a Nucleo-F103RB running STM32CubeIDE V1.3.0. under Windows 10 x64. I tried two different Windows 10 x64 computers and two different Nucleo-F103RB boards but unfortunately had the same "Debugger connection lost" problem.

I unsuccessfully tried to download STM32CubeIDE V1.2.0. I selected the V1.2.0 windows version, accepted the license, and logged in, but then the website didn't provide any download option at all. So I was forced to go back to using V1.1.0 which I had previously downloaded.

I look forward to this bug either being fixed or a workaround so we can start using the latest V1.3.0 version of STM32Cube IDE under Windows 10 x64.

Pavel A.
Evangelist III

>  Does the fact that I am using the HAL libaries make any difference?

No, this is not because of HAL libraries. The stability of CubeIDE debugger is still not great, IMHO.

-- pa