cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hi, I am using STNRG388A to communicate with some I2C device. For now, i have picked MAX30205 temperature sensor. See Details please

sohaib qamar
Associate II

I am using standard peripheral library for STLUX and using stm8 library for I2c interface. I have tried with all the examples in libraries which are using interrupt handlers. Also, i have tried the online examples for stm8 using poll methods. Nothing is working for me till now.

I am using Pin 17, Pin 18 for I2C interface. I have uploaded the code in attachment.

Need some help from ST community.

5 REPLIES 5
alister
Lead

Haven't looked at your code.

There's a concise summary of the I2C bus by TI at http://www.ti.com/lit/an/slva704/slva704.pdf.

Some things to check with a CRO...

1. The START and STOP conditions?
  2. The slave address is the correct position? Assuming 7-bit addressing, the low bit of the address byte indicates read/write, i.e the slave address is shifted left 1 bit.
  3. The ACK/NACK bit, i.e. 9 clocks per byte?
sohaib qamar
Associate II

Thanks for the response.

I have gone through the document you have mentioned.

As far as i have dig in, the problem is in the configuration registers for Pins I am using for I2C.

The configuration for using those pins as I2C interface is not found in the header files for STLUX385.

There are no configuration files for STNRG388A.

I am lost there, any ST team member who can help me out.

Regards

Thanks for the response, Yes i had gone through that document.

I am able to communicate with my testing device using Pin 20, 21 (SDA, SCL). But i want to use the I2C interfac on Pin 17, 18(SDA, SCL). I am using STLUX385 standard peripheral library which has no definiation of MSC_IOMXP2 register. After going through the datasheet the register is in Indirect Area which i'm unable to access.

How can i enable Alternate Functions of P2 using MSC_IOMXP2 register which is in Indirect Access Area?

Equipped with the RM you should be able to make your software do anything.

I've not used this part nor library, and if you must use that library I can't help.