cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F769i-DISCO I/O pins

IgorKo
Associate II

Dear All,

I have a newbie question about the DISCO board.

I need 3 or 4 I2C buses, but from the documentation I can find access only to one.

Is it possible to access all other I/O pins of the MCU STM32F769NI on this board?

I will highly appreciate all your information!

Sincerely, Igor

4 REPLIES 4
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

What documents? The F769 datasheet? ST MCU finder? STcube for floorplanning? Of course you can access IO resources.

IgorKo
Associate II

0693W000000TtXXQA0.png

IgorKo
Associate II

Thank you very much for your time Uwe!

It gives me a hope.

But where can I find the pins?

According to the above table I can see that to I2C1 I can connect via Arduino connector (as pin B4)

But how can I find pin B5 and other I2CX pins down in the table 13 (not shown here) ?

(They have no assignments in the Comment column)

This boards are highly committed, pretty much all the pins are doing something, whether it is SDRAM, LCD, ETHERNET, etc.

The user I2C access is primarily to the Arduino socket, and perhaps the 8-pin wireless/eeprom dongle header.

You could also bit bang additional I2C interfaces via GPIO pins on the Arduino rail.

If you want a break-out board, perhaps look at the NUCLEO boards which have less committed pins, or the even more expansive break-out boards that take 176-pin packages to header, think eBay/Taobao and things from WaveShare and the like.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..