cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ST25R3916 Discovery Board and Discovery GUI

ec.1
Associate II

Hi all,

I am using the  ST25R3916 Discovery GUI to communicate with an NFC03 board in CE mode and so far I have been using the ISO14443A Tab and Debug tab to exercise the functionality. I have a few questions regarding the GUI

1. Is there an updated or more detailed manual/documentation on the GUI -- the hosted version doesn't contain information regarding the ISO-DEP tab.
  2. What is the difference sending out a command via the ISO-DEP tab vs the Debug Tab.
  3. Can somebody point me to the firmware section that processes/interfaces with the GUI across the different tabs, fields and buttons?
  4. Is it possible to rebuild the GUI with some additional functions or buttons?
  5. Some additional functions that I would like to have is to be able to send a large chunk of data which then will be parsed into multiple frames and get sent across and likewise receive multiple frames and reparse them back into its original form.

Would appreciate a PM if that would be easier for communication, thanks!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

I will give you here some answers in the public forum. If you have questions which go more into your confidential area you can also contact me on PM.

ad 1) there is no updated information on the GUI, the ISO-DEP tab was added after the documentation was done.

ad 2) The debug tab only transfer low level frames and has additionally a poor mans implementation for flipping the frame counter bit in an ISO-DEP Protocol Control Byte. This was the version to exercise the ISO-DEP/L4/T=CL before we had a proper implementation. Nowadays the firmware/RFAL contains a full ISO-DEP implementation which gets verified against EMVCo and NFC Forum CR11. The ISO-DEP tab forwards APDUs to the firmware/RFAL which executes the ISO-DEP: Prepending PCB, using proper timeout handling, performing chaining where necessary, handling waiting time extensions requested by a card (S(WTX)), error handling, requesting re-transmission, etc.

ad 3) dispatcher.c

ad 4) If needed we could share the GUI sources with you, but probably the contained .lib, .dll and .h file to control the board are exactly what you need. There is a shortcut to a .sln in the GUI installation folder with C++, C# and Python demo.

ad 5) Please define "large chunk of data". The firmware as is support sending frames up to ~1K in NFC-A/NFC-B. On USB our comm layer can also support this. But not many cards will support such frame sizes, even not such APDU sizes (which could be chained over ISO-DEP).

Regards, Ulysses

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Ulysses HERNIOSUS
ST Employee

Hi,

I will give you here some answers in the public forum. If you have questions which go more into your confidential area you can also contact me on PM.

ad 1) there is no updated information on the GUI, the ISO-DEP tab was added after the documentation was done.

ad 2) The debug tab only transfer low level frames and has additionally a poor mans implementation for flipping the frame counter bit in an ISO-DEP Protocol Control Byte. This was the version to exercise the ISO-DEP/L4/T=CL before we had a proper implementation. Nowadays the firmware/RFAL contains a full ISO-DEP implementation which gets verified against EMVCo and NFC Forum CR11. The ISO-DEP tab forwards APDUs to the firmware/RFAL which executes the ISO-DEP: Prepending PCB, using proper timeout handling, performing chaining where necessary, handling waiting time extensions requested by a card (S(WTX)), error handling, requesting re-transmission, etc.

ad 3) dispatcher.c

ad 4) If needed we could share the GUI sources with you, but probably the contained .lib, .dll and .h file to control the board are exactly what you need. There is a shortcut to a .sln in the GUI installation folder with C++, C# and Python demo.

ad 5) Please define "large chunk of data". The firmware as is support sending frames up to ~1K in NFC-A/NFC-B. On USB our comm layer can also support this. But not many cards will support such frame sizes, even not such APDU sizes (which could be chained over ISO-DEP).

Regards, Ulysses

ec.1
Associate II

Hi Ulysses,

Thanks for replying in the forum. I do have a few more detailed follow-on questions which I will PM you privately.