cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No STM32 device in DFU mode connected

Jaglaz
Associate II

Hi all,

I'm trying to customize the device tree of the stm board, but I'm stuck early on. I'm trying to follow stm32mp157c-dk2 tutorial to flash Starter Package (https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/STM32MP15_Discovery_kits_-_Starter_Package), however, when I reach the step

PC $> STM32_Programmer_CLI -l usb

I get the following output

~/stm32mpu-workspace/stm32mpu-tools/stm32-cube-programmer-240/bin/STM32_Programmer_CLI -l usb
      -------------------------------------------------------------------
                        STM32CubeProgrammer v2.4.0                  
      -------------------------------------------------------------------

=====  DFU Interface   =====

No STM32 device in DFU mode connected

my host kernel version: 4.4.0-174-generic

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Fee
Senior

Hi,

did you set the Boot switches accordingly (both to the off position)? Did you connect the PC using the USB CN7 port (the USB-C port next to the USB-A ones)?

I am using Windows and a virtual Ubuntu 18.04 and have no problem connecting to mine.

Hope it helps

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Fee
Senior

Hi,

did you set the Boot switches accordingly (both to the off position)? Did you connect the PC using the USB CN7 port (the USB-C port next to the USB-A ones)?

I am using Windows and a virtual Ubuntu 18.04 and have no problem connecting to mine.

Hope it helps

I have a kernel version 5.3.0 though

Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

​Hi @Jarosław Głazowski​ 

Did you proceed to following step in wiki ?

4.2 USB serial link

• Install the libusb on your host computer

PC $> sudo apt-get install libusb-1.0-0

• To allow STM32CubeProgrammer to access the USB port through low-level commands, proceed as follows

PC $> cd $HOME/STM32MPU_workspace/STM32MPU-Tools/STM32CubeProgrammer-x.y.z/Drivers/rules

PC $> sudo cp *.* /etc/udev/rules.d/

Does your board boot switch in position 00 for USB/UART boot ?

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
Jaglaz
Associate II

The device in my case responds as /dev/ttyACMx UART device, the flashing seems to be going without problems.

Jaglaz
Associate II

Sorry guys, didnt notice your answers. Silly me, @Fee ok I think we identified the curlpit I connected it to the STLink (CN11) :hear_no_evil_monkey: . I'll test it once the flashing is done. @OlivierG yes I did those steps.

Jaglaz
Associate II

Hi all, now that I connected everything in the right manner the device responds as it should. Comprehensive reading would be a nice skill to have 😉

This was the right answer for me!!