cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Generic MQTT Cloud Logging work

DWind.1
Associate III

Hi! I am using a SensorTile.box and tried to enable Generic MQTT Cloud Logging. Unfortunately I could not get any data to one of the public brokers. I used for example "tcp://mqtt.eclipse.org" Port 1883 (the tcp:// is mandatory, otherwise it won't work, but this is nowhere documented) and "TILEBOX_322657" as Client ID . Cloud connection was successful, but subscribing to the topic /TILEBOX_322657/# (as described in the "Getting started with the STBLESensor application" manual) does not seem to work. I did not receive a single message.

Could somebody help here? Is there any information available how to log data (like for example from the accelerometer) via MQTT?

It seems like I can only enable "Battery". Is there a way to enable other features that can be logged?

Best wishes,

Dominik

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @DWind.1​ , the cloud section is still under debug, but you can find some Generic MQTT description at p.30 of the UM2499, that describes the ST BLE Cloud section. Regards

GRobl
Associate II

@DWind.1​ 

I am in your very same situation. Thank you for pointing out that it was mandatory to use "tcp://***.***.***" because it was impossible to put it to work!

FYI, I can receive data from the box with Watson IoT and Mosquitto but only for a few seconds, then, the connection with the box is lost. I guess it is because "the cloud section is still under debug"!!

The truth is that I am stuck with the box because for one reason or other nothing seems to work.