cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

is there external oscillator in the nucleo-l432kc board. the website says it is there, but i am not able to enable HSE mode.

Svish.1
Associate II

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Solder Bridge, basically a link option using solder instead of a push on pin arrangement.

Use SB17 as a search term in the User Manual / Schematic so you get the details / description.​

No it just connects and existing signal. Some people don't want to waste a pin on a clock due to the low pin count already.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

STLink outputs 8MHz on MCO, this can be used as external clock input to target mcu.

Have you connected SB17 and set HSEBYP and HSEON in RCC_CR?

Read the Nucleo-32 User Manual, and the RCC chapter in Reference Manual for 'L43x.

JW

hi, thanks for the reply. i am quite new to stm32. can you please explain what is meant by connecting SB17.

I would also like to know if taking clock from stlink would affect its debugging capabilities?

Solder Bridge, basically a link option using solder instead of a push on pin arrangement.

Use SB17 as a search term in the User Manual / Schematic so you get the details / description.​

No it just connects and existing signal. Some people don't want to waste a pin on a clock due to the low pin count already.​

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

thank you, it worked well that way