cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Camera recommendation for AI application for STM32MP1

SChau.2062
Associate III

Hi,

I am using STM32MP1 and setup STM32MP1_artificial_intelligence_expansion_packages to run AI algorithm.

Could you please guide me on: Is there any recommendation on which camera to use for AI application from ST side? Can I use Raspberry Pi camera or something like that with STM32MP1?

Thanking you,

Saurabh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SChau.2062​ 

This will depend on the board you want to use. Please refer to material recommandation in wiki :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/X-LINUX-AI-CV_OpenSTLinux_expansion_package#Object_detection_application

2.2 Material needed

To use the X-LINUX-AI-CV OpenSTLinux Expansion Package, choose one of the following materials:

• STM32MP157C-DK2[6] + an UVC USB WebCam
  • STM32MP157C-EV1[7] with the built in camera
  • STM32MP157A-EV1[8] with the built in camera
  • STM32MP157 Avenger96 board[4] + an UVC USB WebCam or the OV5640 CSI Camera mezzanine board[5]

Eg you can't connect a Raspberry Pi CSI camera on DK2.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @SChau.2062​ 

This will depend on the board you want to use. Please refer to material recommandation in wiki :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/X-LINUX-AI-CV_OpenSTLinux_expansion_package#Object_detection_application

2.2 Material needed

To use the X-LINUX-AI-CV OpenSTLinux Expansion Package, choose one of the following materials:

• STM32MP157C-DK2[6] + an UVC USB WebCam
  • STM32MP157C-EV1[7] with the built in camera
  • STM32MP157A-EV1[8] with the built in camera
  • STM32MP157 Avenger96 board[4] + an UVC USB WebCam or the OV5640 CSI Camera mezzanine board[5]

Eg you can't connect a Raspberry Pi CSI camera on DK2.

Hope it help

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.
SChau.2062
Associate III

Hi @Community member​ ,

Thanks for the detailed explanation.

Thanks,

Saurabh