cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application server port already in use

Simon Ibberson
Associate II

When starting STM32CubeMonitor it displays a dialog reporting "Application server port already in use"; the application then exits when the dialog is closed.

In the details it says that port 1880 is already in use; however netstat doesn't show this port as being used. (Windows 10, 64-bit).

Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Simon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
SDEME.2
Associate

Just a quick note to help.

I had exactly the same issue and tracked it down to a bug to STM32CubeMonitor. The ST software basically try to communicate with the wrong network interface. Disabling Hyper-V didn't help here, because I also have VMware installed and it causes the same issue.

To fix it, you have to disable all virtual network interface in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections

0693W000006I7ecQAC.png

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

Hello

Usually, this happens when STM32CubeMonitor is already running. As the port 1880 is already busy, the second instance closes after the warning.

Have you tried netstat -a ? (On my PC, netstat does not show locals connections)

Best regards

Stephane

Simon Ibberson
Associate II

Hi Stephane, thanks for your reply.

STM32CubeMonitor is not already running; it has just been installed, I've not been able to run it even once. The PC has been rebooted; the issue is the same afterwards. I have tried various netstat options (including the '-a' you suggested); there is no indication that port 1880 is in use as far as I can see.

Thanks,

Simon

Simon Ibberson
Associate II

An update; the following command shows ports which are being excluded:

> netsh int ip show excludedportrange protocol=tcp

Protocol tcp Port Exclusion Ranges

Start Port   End Port

----------   --------

1827       1926

1927       2026

2027       2126

2180       2279

2280       2379

2456       2555

2869       2869

3029       3128

3719       3818

5357       5357

5700       5700

8884       8884

8888       8888

50000      50059    *

* - Administered port exclusions.

This was due to 'Hyper-V' - by disabling Hyper-V I have been able to start STM32CubeMonitor sucessfully.

Kind regards,

Simon

stephane.legargeant
ST Employee

​Hello Simon

Thanks a lot for your feedback. It is useful information for people using Hyper-V or similar software. 

Stephane

SDEME.2
Associate

Just a quick note to help.

I had exactly the same issue and tracked it down to a bug to STM32CubeMonitor. The ST software basically try to communicate with the wrong network interface. Disabling Hyper-V didn't help here, because I also have VMware installed and it causes the same issue.

To fix it, you have to disable all virtual network interface in Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Network Connections

0693W000006I7ecQAC.png