cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best way to present a large number of user configurable items in Touch GFX

JimFouch
Associate III

I have several (>30) user configurable settings in my application. They are broken into a few groups. Boolean, Multiple Choice (2 to maybe 10 or 12 possible items), Numeric (Could be integer or float, depends on setting) and text entry.

These user settings will expand with the life of the product, so something that is easily expanded is a plus.

I first thought that the Custom Container was a good choice, but from what I can tell, all instances of a Custom Container are basically the same. I come from a Visual Studio background so I was looking at the Custom Container like a User Control, but I think it’s a bit different.

Using Touch GFX, what would be the best way to handle have many settings? I’m looking both at the GUI and code implementation side of things.

I’d like to present all these settings on a screen and have them broken into related areas using a swipe container with a Scrollable Container in each page. This should allow me good flexibility in grouping the settings and allow me to easily expand later. 

1 REPLY 1
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Each Custom Container generated by the designer can be expanded in user code , simply inherit from it and add it manually to your views. So, you could define a Custom Container using the designer as a base for some control and tweak it in your inherited version.

/Martin