cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flashing STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 with STLINK-V3 not working?

TVan .2
Associate II

13 REPLIES 13
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @Community member​ , unfortunately it is not easy to directly use the STLINK-V3 with the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1. You need a level shifter to go from the >3V logic of the STLINK-V3 to the 1.8V logic of STM32L4 on the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1. There are however some other alternatives:

1. The STLINKV3 3.3V to 1.8V adapter has been internally defined and tested, and should be available on the market in some weeks
  2. You can use the STLINK V2 adapter + cable, which is now available in every STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 kit
  3. If you simply want to download the FW on the ST.box (and not to debug it), you can follow the DFU method to program the STEVAL-MKSBOX1V1 (here the link for the procedure)

You can of course also build a custom STLINKV3 adapter with appropriate level shifters, in case ...

Regards

TJM
Senior

Hi.

There are/were no cables in the SensorTile.box kit.

tjm

Hi Tjm, all the last ST.box kits are provided of STSW-MKSBOX1_BL tool (LINK), which is the STLINK V2 adapter for the SensorTile.box. The STLINK V3 adapter is not yet available, due to currently running internal checks. It will be published by STM32 team. Regards

TJM
Senior

Thanks, yet again.

I'm finding the Q&A and Communities boards to be invaluable in getting things to work properly. The ST site has all of the information needed and I eventually find it, but the Q&A section is usually a bit quicker and to the point and a bit more specific to the issues presented.

Thanks,

tjm

Hello Eleon,

the adapter (B-STLINK-VOLT) is already available, but the MKSBOX1V1 does not work with V3

I am getting

15:13:22:946 : ST-LINK FW : V3J6M2B4S1
15:13:22:946 : Voltage : 1.80V
15:13:22:962 : Error: No STM32 target found!

BR

Hello Eleon,

a small update:

it still does not work with newest FW I was able to find

10:46:46:296 : ST-LINK FW : V3J7M2B4S1
10:46:46:298 : Voltage : 1.81V
10:46:46:298 : Error: No STM32 target found!

it connects only when special mode entered (bootloader described in https://community.st.com/s/question/0D53W000000bOIjSAM/sensortilebox-collaterals-how-to-reset-the-device-in-case-of-connection-issues with the exception I am connecting by ST-Link mode not the USB in the Cube Programmer), but it is not an option nor the expected behavior.

Regards

Hi @MMade.1​ , if I well understand you are saying that the DFU mode / USB connection is working, not the JTAG debugger... Do you may have the possibility to check the JTAG interface with an ST LINK V2, in order to be sure it is not a ST.box related issue? Regards

Hello Eleon BORLINI,

not exactly, the DFU USB is working and JTAG is working when CPU is in DFU mode, but not when CPU is in normal mode.

No, I cannot check with V2, because I do not have the adapter (see my other posts why),

the V3 seems to be OK, because it is working with 2 different STM32, but not the one in SensorTile.Boxes

Regards

Hi @MMade.1​  (and @TJM​ too), I think we could proceed in another way and we as ST could ship you the ST LINK V2 adapter and the related cable. You can start to send me your reference addresses in the private message section, if you want. Regards