cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with downloads to STM32F746G DISCO and TouchGFX demonstration program from FW F7 V1.16.0 repository

Darski.Piotr
Associate II

Hello,

demo project is prepared for SW4ST32. After importing I can build all files without any problem.

Then trying download (by Debug option from menu) I have achived some problems - but it seems that is flasded. On DISCO there is nothing until reset button is pressed. I can see very distorion pitures from those demo example , there is some interaction with touch . I think BSP works fine, but there is some problem during downloads.

Does SW4ST32 using STLINK rcognizes that part of code is for internal flash and other for QSPI? O rather should user declare segments for two hex files and use external programming tool?

Piotr

3 REPLIES 3
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Hi @Darski.Piotr​,

Regardless of using ST-LINK or STCubeProgrammer it will detect the memory ranges to be programmed and complain if you do not have a configured strategy for a certain range, e.g. QSPI (0x90000000->)

/Martin

Darski.Piotr
Associate II

Hi Martin,

yes, indeed ST-LINK does it automaticcally if exact QSPI memory from ST32F746G-DISCO i selected.

In case STCubeProgrammer it does not work (I thonk there is different way of extern memory defining).

I was watchig TouchGFX webinar presented by Roman Ludlim, I tried to follow internal hands on. Indeed

under TouchGFX there is template for ST32F746G-DISCO, and you can flash it very quikly. In case of project generated by CUBEMX with related new TouchGFX project not. There is need to put BSP and make a lot of changes with linker. Example form repository F7 16.0 is defined in different way then project built from CubeMX,. Do you have real tempate I mean working wjich had been generated from CubeMX toghetger with Designer and applied with nessesery BSP and memory settings?

Franky speaking. user looses time for searching how combine those tools toghether.

regards,

PD

CubeMX is an MCU configurator.

TouchGFX Designer can help you design applications that can run on an MCU.

TouchGFX "Application Templates" for STM32 boards come with projects already set up so that external peripherals work that the MCU CONFIGURATOR (CubeMX) does not help you with because it only handles the MCU and the controllers on there (FMC, QSPI, LTDC, etc).

It's all in the sticky on X-CUBE-TOUCHGFX 4.13.0.

/Martin