cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to show a picture?

Breeze1
Associate III

Now I need to download a jpg/png/bmp picture to FLASH, and show it . I do not find touchgfx have anything with that. If I want to use touchgfx, how can I do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

You have to use the Bitmap class, either using static image data located somewhere in addressable flash, or using a dynamic bitmap.

/Martin

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi, when you create a project with TouchGFX designer you can add a .png image easily with the Image widget. See tutorial 1 here to set up a background image. Any image you import can be set the same way.

If this is not what you are looking for, please explain what you wish to do in your project with more details.

Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Depending on your setup, the linker will place your bitmap in internal or external FLASH memory for you and TouchGFX will know the address for that image when you use it with the Bitmap class.

/Martin

Sorry, my fault. I mean I already make the whole program using TouchGFX designer and download the program to my devie. When freeRTOS is already running, I need to download some pictures to FLASH, I want to view pictures with my device.

If I do not use it with the Bitmap class. How do I do?

You have to use the Bitmap class, either using static image data located somewhere in addressable flash, or using a dynamic bitmap.

/Martin

Thanks,I find bitmap class in Bitmap.hpp. That helps a lot.