cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to create custom firmware packs using the STM32CubeMX platform?

VRao.1
Associate III

Playing around with the sensortile and the senortile box has been fun. However I wanted to go beyond the given firmware packs and even combine a few of them (BLE, AI and MOTION firmware packs) to build a project for my own application.

I am pretty new to all of this and was wondering if it was possible to create custom firmware packs using the STM32CubeMX platform and if so are there any tutorials on how to do so for the sensortile or the sensortile box.

My plan was to use CubeMX to include all the middleware and libraries that would be needed for my project and then use the CubeIDE to write the main code of the project.

For my project I wanted to use the MotionFX library to collect features from 4 different nodes and have each of them send their data to a master computer or app using the BLE library.

Do you think that this approach would be too complicated for a beginner and it would be better to use the given firmware packs and try to make a project around?

Thanks,

VRao.1

1 REPLY 1
Laurent Co
ST Employee

​Hello VRao.1,

Your approach looks ok. We have not tested all combination of X-Cube between them. You may experiment some limitations and to write some glue.

The only point where i'm not sure is about the "custom firmware packs"

Indeed, using packs are often interesting when you have to re-use the code for some other STM32MCU/projects: you did the job once and then you re-use it.

In your case, i understand that you want to make a project with several X-Cube. So, you will select the different X-Cube using their getting started, fill the user sections of the C code and generate your project. there will be an ioc file. Maybe there is no need to do a custom pack.

Regards,

Laurent