cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import X-CUBE-NFC6 into STM32CubeIDE?

VMach.1
Associate III

Hi there,

Is there any way to import X-CUBE-NFC6 software expansion into STM32CubeIDE ?

I've seen that there is an option to manage package extensions from local / url. The issue here is that on officials X-CUBE-NFC6 official website https://www.st.com/en/embedded-software/x-cube-nfc6.html an example project is provided, but the *.pdsc file to import the expansion into IDE.

Thanks for your time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @VMach.1​ ,

The currently X-CUBE-NFC6 is not provided with STM32CubeIDE project files. Adding STM32CubeIDE in the NFC6 package is something that will be included in a future release. However there is an option to import project from AC6 Workbench in STM32CubeIDE and those project file are available in the NFC6.

Try File->import... in the dialog box select "import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project" in the general folder. Then you will found the .project file in the SW4STM32 sub-folders.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @VMach.1​ ,

The currently X-CUBE-NFC6 is not provided with STM32CubeIDE project files. Adding STM32CubeIDE in the NFC6 package is something that will be included in a future release. However there is an option to import project from AC6 Workbench in STM32CubeIDE and those project file are available in the NFC6.

Try File->import... in the dialog box select "import ac6 System Workbench for STM32 Project" in the general folder. Then you will found the .project file in the SW4STM32 sub-folders.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards.

Hi @Rene Lenerve​ 

Thanks for your answer. Yes, I was able to import the project and make some test.

However, I'm developing a STM32L476RG standalone project (no nucleo board) and I would need the CUBEMx to be able to configure NFC6...

By now I'll try to manually import all necessary driver and files to run a NFC6 project.

What a pitty! I'll wait for that release!

Thanks!

Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @VMach.1​ ,

To configure the SPI bus you can look in nucleo_l476rg_bus.h to assign pins.

Hope this can help.

Best Regards.

Brieuc
Associate II

Hi,

8 months later, do you have an idea of the timeline until the release of STM32CubeIde embedding this package ?

Thanks !

Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @Brieuc​ 

Yes, this is now available in the latest release of the NFC6 package (V1.1.0).

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/embedded-software/mcu-mpu-embedded-software/stm32-embedded-software/stm32cube-expansion-packages/x-cube-nfc6.html

Kind Regards.

Hi,

Is really STM32CubeIDE or STM32CubeMX embedding this software package?

The link you provide is the expansion pack, which was already out there (older versions though)

We could import examples of NFC into our workspace but the IDE and the MX does not have the X-CUBE-NFC6 software package and Import "From local" fails.

0693W000005Cj6DQAS.png

Rene Lenerve
ST Employee

Hi @VMach.1​ ,

The NFC6 package I was referring to is the latest release which now includes project files for the STM32CubeIDE workspace (previously it was AC6). The NFC6 package will not be embedded into CubeMX, due to legacy support needed for the rfal middleware this package will not be aligned with all requirements needed by CubeMX.

So to answer your first question

"Is there any way to import X-CUBE-NFC6 software expansion into STM32CubeIDE ?"

Yes you have now project files included in the package that you can import into STM32CubeIDE.

And to answer your second question

"Is really STM32CubeIDE or STM32CubeMX embedding this software package?"

This package contains project files for STM32CubeIDE but not project files for STM32CubeMX.

I hope that answers your question.

Best regards.