cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get ethernet connection up with st_image core with DK2 board?

Eldam
Senior

Hello all,

I have a STM32MP157C-DK2, and I want to use the minimal st-image-core.

I have been able to use/build "st-image-weston", and when its starts, I can see my board on the local network, ifconfig says me eth0 has an ip address and I can ssh it.

When I build "st-image-core", and successfully boot the board, I can't see it on lan. ifconfig doesnt show eth0.

Can someone tell me why?

command used:

DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1 source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

bitbake st-image-weston

DISTRO=openstlinux-weston MACHINE=stm32mp1 source layers/meta-st/scripts/envsetup.sh

bitbake st-image-core

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eldam
Senior

Well,

after a little struggle and dive inside available ST distribution package, i managed to make things work.

I have to edit st-image-core.bb and add the line

${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'systemd', 'systemd-networkd-configuration', '', d)} \

or (i think) we can add

packagegroup-framework-tools \

in the same file, but it will add 'lot' of others things.

All is fine, the image-core is a 'simple' image, so not all linux things are included

Bye

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eldam
Senior

Well,

after a little struggle and dive inside available ST distribution package, i managed to make things work.

I have to edit st-image-core.bb and add the line

${@bb.utils.contains('DISTRO_FEATURES', 'systemd', 'systemd-networkd-configuration', '', d)} \

or (i think) we can add

packagegroup-framework-tools \

in the same file, but it will add 'lot' of others things.

All is fine, the image-core is a 'simple' image, so not all linux things are included

Bye