cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to debug in STOP mode - Break at address "0xa05f0000" with no debug information available

PHlin.1
Associate III

Hello,

I'm trying to debug my NUCLEO STM32H7A3 in STOP mode and run into this problem:

When I set a breakpoint after the STOP mode, the breakpoint is hit correctly and everything works as expected, even step in or step out, but when I click on RESUME button, debugger immediately reports:

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

0xa05f0000 in ?? ()

Does anybody has any idea why is this happening?

Thanks,

Petr

5 REPLIES 5
ATrev
Associate II

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.

I tried to remove, disable, toggle breakpoint: nothing. I closed program, exited from Atollic IDE and began again: nothing. I disconnected and plugged in again the J-TAG cable of NUCLEO-F446RE

with my PC: this works. SIGTRAP vanished.

Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

0xa05f0000 is the magic you need to write to DHCSR to change debug settings. Did you enable debug in stop mode in DBGMCU_CR?

PHlin.1
Associate III

Thanks for the information, this is not described anywhere in STM32H7A3 reference manual, but i found it in ARM Cortex-M7 reference manual. Yes, i have enabled debug in stop mode, the value of CR register is 0x6001bf, that should be ok, no?

One interesting thing is that when it stopped at that SIGTRAP, debugger shows that the content of whole memory is repeatedly this value: 01005FA0 again and again like 01005FA0 01005FA0 01005FA0 01005FA0 (in memory view).

I'll probably try to open new question if anybody got to work debugging STMH7A3 or similar MCU together with STOP mode......

Thanks for the information, this is not described anywhere in STM32H7A3 reference manual, but i found it in ARM Cortex-M7 reference manual. Yes, i have enabled debug in stop mode, the value of CR register is 0x6001bf, that should be ok, no?

One interesting thing is that when it stopped at that SIGTRAP, debugger shows that the content of whole memory is repeatedly this value: 01005FA0 again and again like 01005FA0 01005FA0 01005FA0 01005FA0 (in memory view).

I'll probably try to open new question if anybody got to work debugging STMH7A3 or similar MCU together with STOP mode......

JNguyen
Senior

This error message should be more descriptive and more precise. I got the same error message because of the below reason which should cause a completely different message.

This is an user error, but CubeIDE should issue a better message. I have NUCLEO-H743ZI as my development board. My final board is using H725R. I develop FW on NUCLEO-H743ZI while waiting for H725R board. I also develop FW for H725R (based on code from NUCLEO-H743ZI after removing all bugs). One day, I accidentally programmed H725R code into NUCLEO-H743ZI. I didn't get any error except "Break at address "0xa05f0000" with no debug information available" error which doesn't flag me about wrong MCU.

CubeIDE should issue an error about wrong MCU instead.

I hope this info helps someone saving time trying to understand this error.