cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WBCE Custom Board Bluetooth Problems (No Radio Activity Event)

FPro.1
Associate II

Hello,

I'm a student that is currently developing a firmware for a custom board with the STM32WB55CE-MC. I want to communicate with the MC over BT. I have tested my software on the Nucleo-Board where it works fine. When i try the firmware on my custom board, the microcontroller can not be seen in the BLE-Sensor app. While debugging the software, I realized, the MC never leaves the idle-State. I am using STM32CubeIDE for software developement.

Has anybody experienced similar problems?

Do I need to upload firmware to the RF-Core before I can use the BT-Feature? I have not done this up to now but I also have not done this with the Nucleo board.

Thanks in advance for all your answers and kind regards,

Florian P

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
BSpoe.1
Associate III

Maybe you have to install the current Firmaware Update Service and the BLE stack, because I think this is not installed when you buy a new MCU.

This was a problem on my custom board with the SMT32WB55CC. After I updated the firmware the BLE stack was started.

Greetings,

Ben

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
BSpoe.1
Associate III

Maybe you have to install the current Firmaware Update Service and the BLE stack, because I think this is not installed when you buy a new MCU.

This was a problem on my custom board with the SMT32WB55CC. After I updated the firmware the BLE stack was started.

Greetings,

Ben

FPro.1
Associate II

Hey Ben,

Thanks for your help. I managed to flash the FUS and the BLE stack with CubeProgrammer and now it seems to work. 🙂

Greetings,

Flo