cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32WB55 porting BLE_p2pServer example for user application into workspace

BSpoe.1
Associate III

Hey guys,

I'm using the STM32WB55CC controller on my custom board. With the USB dongle of the Nucleo-Set I use the example application "BLE_p2pServer". This works fine on the devboard and on my custom board.

But when I try to import this project to my own workspace, then all linked files from the firmware folder are not linked correctly. So I copied all neccessary .c and .h files into the folders of the imported project. After updating the source and header locations in the project preferences, I can compile the project without any errors. The BLE stack is started correctly and the example project is advertising, but when I try to connect to the board, then the proramm runs into the hardfault handler. This problem exists on my custom board and on the USB dongle. With debugger I can see that the programm jumps into an undefined memory address.

Porting any project as as basic platform for own projects is very stupid at this moment. Also generating a new project with BLE functionality in CubeMX is not working, because some functions are not generated correctly.

I'm using the current version of CubeIDE (1.3.0) with the newest firmware (FUS 1.1.0, BLE Stack full 1.5.0) .

Does anyone know how to find the error?

Thanks in advance for all your answers and kind regards,

Ben

1 REPLY 1
BSpoe.1
Associate III

From now I will import the example projects and copy all the neccessary files to the same direction like it is in the project configuration. Then I update the paths to my workspace folder. This works.

The problem with the hardfault was a mistake in the scheduler priority settings and the calling of the correct function.

Is it possible to update the import function of CubeMX with an option for copying all the neccessary files when importing?