cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Debug problem after update of STM32CubeIDE from 1.0.2 to 1.2 / 1.3

koster
Associate III

After update of STM32CubeIDE from 1.0.2 to 1.2 or 1.3 (or installing from the scratch with uninstall before) I can't run the debugger any more. I do not get any output or information in the Debug or Console window. I tried to use H7 with ST-Link and F4 with Segger J-Link, both with the same result.

6 REPLIES 6
Markus GIRDLAND
ST Employee

What happens when you press the debug button? Nothing at all? Is it with a specific project or with every project, even new ones?

Any way you can share about how to reproduce the problem?

koster
Associate III

Nothing at all, just a very brief flickering in the bottom right corner of the window, but just once after the initial start of the IDE and the first debug trial. I tried this with 2 of my projects (H7 (ST-Link) and F4 (J-Link)), but also with a project generated from scratch with the STM32 Project generator (H7 (ST_Link)).

GIkar
Associate III

My SDIO SD mount doesn't work since the update.

While using an ST-Link you can go into the debug configuration and enable a GDB server log in the Debugger tab. Does that have any information in it and if so can you paste it here? Also, if you go to Window -> Preferences -> C/C++ -> Debug -> GDB -> and tick the "Show the GDB traces consoles with character limit". After that you try another debug session and then generate that log as well, might give some clue about what is happening.

koster
Associate III

Hi Marcus, I ticked this option and have 2 effects:

• pressing the bug button, a window pops up and immediately disappears. I just can read 'executable' but not the text before.
  • selecting from the menu (small arrow left of the bug button): a window in the Console area comes and goes, but I can't read anything
koster
Associate III

any proposals?