cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Access to calculated features for LSM6DSOX

WGeng.1
Associate II

I guess this is a weird question. I am not really interested in the classifying part of the MLC but I am interested in its feature selection capability, I would like to know if it is possible to perform feature extraction calculation on the data stored in FIFO and somehow get access to those calculated feature values,

With Unico I know all those values are stored in the .arff file, but I am wondering are there functions that I can call to do feature calculations on data that is already in FIFO and then store the values in a buffer?

Cheers,

WIlliam

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @WGeng.1​ , unfortunately the feature / filter calculation block is not directly accessible, both for MLC and FSM on LSM6DSOX module. We are studying approaches different from Unico to manage the MLC procedure and configuration, but by now the stand-alone feature calculation (such as average, peak etc) calculation should be performed on the sensor raw data. Regards

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @WGeng.1​ , unfortunately the feature / filter calculation block is not directly accessible, both for MLC and FSM on LSM6DSOX module. We are studying approaches different from Unico to manage the MLC procedure and configuration, but by now the stand-alone feature calculation (such as average, peak etc) calculation should be performed on the sensor raw data. Regards

aww that is a pity, a lot of these features are very useful in its own right. our application requires a time window of 5 minutes, the 255 sample max window in the MLC is too short and that is why we would have loved to have access to the calculated features :(

Thanks for the response though!