cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1: how do i get my gateway to be connected 2: do i need to use at commands on the I-Nucleo to communicate through it 3: how do i know if the I-Nucleo is sending it data? 4: how do i know if the gateway is receiving any data?

PRona.1
Associate II

0690X00000DYa9TQAT.png0690X00000DYa9JQAT.png

Hi All,

I am quite new to LoRa so if I am in the wrong forum area I do apologise. If anyone has any information based on my issues below I would appreciate a reply.

I have followed the setup guide from STMicroelectronics for the P-Nucleo-LRWAN2:

I have loaded the following bin file to the gateway: st-nucleo-lora-gw-at-fw-v2.1.7-eu868-TTN.bin

I have loaded the I-NUCLEO_LRWAN1 with the AT_Master firmware as instructed. 

8 REPLIES 8
ferry06
Associate

hi, I can't load the firmware into the gateway...

the .bin file is too large to load, how did you do it? (the .bin file is the same)

thanks

PRona.1
Associate II

Hi,

I just dragged and dropped the file into the virtual drive it creates when connected to the PC.

It should just load upload automatically then.

I have zipped my .bin file for you to compare with.

PRona.1
Associate II

Be sure to follow the instruction exactly if you miss a step in The Things Network Setup you will need to start again.

AFerr.41
Associate II

@PR.4onan​ which I-cube version did you use and what application example (End node, AT Master, or PingPong)?

PingPong is a point-to-point radio demo, it doesn't use the gateway..

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..

@Community member​ thanks for your feedback and for your invaluable tips. Your comments are a way better than any ST documentation and I am learning a lot with it. So, congratulations for the amazing work.

I am new to Lora and when I choose the P-Nucleo-LRWAN2 dev kit I was looking to the change of deploying my own Lora network with both the gateway and the end device. I was also expecting to have good documentation to start building my own applications. However, in my opinion, the ST documentation is not good enough and lacks on several key points for beginners like me. For instance, they do not explain the communication between the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 shield and the NUCLEO-L073RZ board, the End Node app is target for the shield or for the NUCLEO-L073RZ board?

Thanks for the feedback.

I am on your side that the guide or manual from ST is just for using the kit as it is. They lacks on the key information to change any parameters of the LoRa module (especially the sensor node side). Even though we can use AT commands for the LoRa Module from PC terminal emulator, it's impossible to do that in the sensor node side while the user guide does not state that explicitly.

At the moment, I'm discussing with ST staff to know how to change the frequency band for the sensor node. If I have any update, I will share that here.

Even though, I'm not clear for the kit, I could use the sensor node as it was (default, EU868) while I could configure the gateway with AT commands. The sensor node could send some data to 'thethingsnetwork) via the gateway. To do that, I have just referred the attached manual from p. 37~41. Based on my short experience, I would like to share my idea on your recent question as following:

" For instance, they do not explain the communication between the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 shield and the NUCLEO-L073RZ board, the End Node app is target for the shield or for the NUCLEO-L073RZ board?"

-> UART. AT Master project is the only project for the NUCLEO-L073RZ board and the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 shield.

If you still needs any answers for your original questions, let me know that then I'll try to share my idea.

>> UART. AT Master project is the only project for the NUCLEO-L073RZ board and the I-NUCLEO-LRWAN1 shield.

Yes, as the USI module is stand-alone, comes preprogrammed, and supports interaction via AT commands. You should review USI manuals as to the functionality and AT command support available/implemented.

It is possible to fork the LRWAN software and build code for the USI module, but this requires replacing the firmware on the module, and porting to the specific pins, and SX1272 connectivity. If you go down this route you won't be able to go back to USI's software load.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..