cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WAKEUP/WKUP pin assignments STM32H7 devices appear to be documented incorrectly

paulpaul9
Associate

On an application board I'm developing using an STM32H750VB, I ran into problems with being unable to wake the device from STANDBY mode using WKUP2 on PC13. Measuring current consumption confirmed STANDBY was being entered, however the expected pull-up was not present, and the device did not wake.

I decided to check the functionality using an evaluation board, an NUCLEO-H743ZI was the closest match I had to hand.

I ran the provided sample STM32Cube_FW_H7_V1.5.0\Projects\NUCLEO-H743ZI\Examples\PWR\PWR_STANDBY, and observed the expected behaviour of the user button waking the device from sleep.

However, on closer inspection I could see that the code references PWR_WAKEUP_PIN4, wheras the actual IO connected to the user button (PC13) is listed as WKUP2 in both the part datasheet & STM32CubeMX.

From my quick investigations I looked at the two IO's of interest to me & found they both are incorrectly labelled. This probably applies to all WAKEUP sources, but these are the only two I have tested.

PWR_WAKEUP_PIN4 => datasheet pin WKUP2

PWR_WAKEUP_PIN6 => datasheet pin WKUP5

Am I missing something here?

Best regards,

Paul

5 REPLIES 5
Bouraoui Chemli
ST Employee

Hello @paulpaul9​ 

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I confirm typo on datasheet and it will be corrected.

WKUP4 is connected to PC13 as provided in the example within STM32Cube_FW_H7

Best regards

Bouraoui

DLars.1
Associate

Hi

1)Short time ago I downloaded the latest datasheet which is still April 2019.

2)I ran into the same confusion.

3)I searched the topic and found this thread.

=> It would be good if st updates the datasheet 😉

Best Regards

dml

Klang.Martin
Associate III

So what is the correct set of pins?

PA0 is WKUP0, no change.

PC13 is WKUP4, not WKUP2

Is PC1 actually WKUP6 then, not WKUP5?

And the others?

Microman
Associate III

I am currently at the same stage as Paul. I need to use PC13 as a wakeup pin and it does not work at all. It is now end of 2021 and in the current available datasheet of the STM32H750 #12556 Rev 6 (Feb. '21) there still PC13 is marked with WKUP2. This cirumstance took me hours of useless debugging. Hey ST: To which address can I send the invoice for these hours? 😉

DBonh.1
Associate III

Eight hours of banging my head today because of this typo because the STM32Cube example application for Standby mode is written for a Nucleo board. Well I'm working on a custom board, not Nucleo. So when the example software configures WKUP4 (which the current Rev.8 datasheet says is PI11), I changed the example app to my available PC13 pin, WKUP2 (datasheet says PC13). And then spent eight hours trying to get Standby pin wakeup to work. PLEASE, ST, please update your datasheet before the next victim ruins a nice spring Sunday. Thanks!