cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

uart connection of ST25RU3993 EVAL

milamber
Associate II

I am trying to interface another cpu to ST25RU3993 EVAL using the serial port. what are the serial port settings? baud rate 3000000, 8N1, RTS_CTS on ? Can i change the baud rate without uploading new firmware to the board?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Nick K
ST Employee

​hi, yes the UART connection settings are 3000000, 8N1and no flow control. The DTR and RTS lines are connected to the Boot and RST pins of the STM32 on the EVAL board. DTR lines must be on and the RTS should be toggled when connecting to reset the board.

to change the baudrate you need to recompile and flash your new FW. When reducing the baudrate please be aware that depending on your UHF communication setting it is possible to inventory TAGs fast then this info can be sent out from the FW.  

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Nick K
ST Employee

​hi, yes the UART connection settings are 3000000, 8N1and no flow control. The DTR and RTS lines are connected to the Boot and RST pins of the STM32 on the EVAL board. DTR lines must be on and the RTS should be toggled when connecting to reset the board.

to change the baudrate you need to recompile and flash your new FW. When reducing the baudrate please be aware that depending on your UHF communication setting it is possible to inventory TAGs fast then this info can be sent out from the FW.  

Uyalç.1
Associate II

other rfid readers can print it into a text document when it connects to the computer and then reads the tags. Is this possible in my model?