cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple event detection on LSM6DSOX

timothy0508
Associate II

I am developing a driver for LSM6DSOX. According to the datasheet, the module is capable of detecting free-fall, wakeup, motion detection, activity/inactivity, and so on.

Is it possible, to configure multiple event detection interrupts (especially since there are only 2 interrupt pins? An example would be very much appreciated?

Thanks

Tim

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @timothy0508​  , if you have a lot of activities to be recognized from you sensor, I would suggest you to change your approach and use the finite state machine or the machine learning core features instead of using the classical digital embedded features (btw, you can set a threshold for each of the events you want to detect and put all the interrupt in logic OR). Up to embedded finite state machines can be programmed independently for motion detection. In the AN5273 you can find an explanation on how the FSM works, an you can find suggestions also on this Community dedicated topic flow. Regards

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1
Eleon BORLINI
ST Employee

Hi @timothy0508​  , if you have a lot of activities to be recognized from you sensor, I would suggest you to change your approach and use the finite state machine or the machine learning core features instead of using the classical digital embedded features (btw, you can set a threshold for each of the events you want to detect and put all the interrupt in logic OR). Up to embedded finite state machines can be programmed independently for motion detection. In the AN5273 you can find an explanation on how the FSM works, an you can find suggestions also on this Community dedicated topic flow. Regards