cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to solve target detection problem?

obingol
Associate

I have a STM32MP157A-DK1 board. I can't connect to it via ST-Link Utility. It says the target is not detected. Although if I select "Firmware Update" from ST-LINK menu, it updates the firmware of the board (the red-green led blinks etc). But can't connect otherwise.

I tried moving the BOOT0 and BOOT2 pins on-off in every combination, tried inserting and removing the SD Card, plugging and unplugging the USB-C power cable. I have installed all ST-Link drivers and reinstalled them, etc, etc... I even tried all the possible options at the target settings screen, but to no avail. Can anyone offer me a solution?0690X00000DYSMoQAP.png0690X00000DYSNSQA5.png

2 REPLIES 2
Olivier GALLIEN
ST Employee

Hi @obingol​ 

Sorry for late reply.

This is very usual confusion and error for people use to work with STM32 MCUs

For STM32MP1 you have to use STM32CubeProgrammer in USB DFU mode to program the device.

Refer to Getting Started section here :

https://wiki.st.com/stm32mpu/wiki/Getting_started/STM32MP1_boards/STM32MP157C-DK2

Hope it help,

Olivier

Olivier GALLIEN
In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on 'Accept as Solution' on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thanks for the reply.

I understand, but that's really bizarre. Because there's no mention of this nuance in the documentation. I see the ST-LINK pins and connection information, the drivers and installation of the Utility software etc. but STM should have just put a red box somewhere with a warning that read 'you won't be able to flash this board as you did our other boards' 🙂