cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to import a x-nucleo sample program into stm32cubeIDEs default workspace?

KlausF01
Associate II

I just started to work with a x-nucleo board, downloading and unpacking the provided ZIP-File with libraries and samples.

I want to use one of the provided samples, to start a new stm32cubeIDE project from. The project folder shall be located in the default workspace.

UM2579 simply says:

Importing a System Workbench for STM32 (SW4STM32) project into STM32CubeIDE is done as per the stepsdescribed below.1. The first step in importing a project used in System Workbench for STM32 is to make a copy of the projectand place that copy inside the workspace currently being used in STM32CubeIDE. This guarantees that theoriginal project is kept intact. After the import, as an additional safety measure, the old .project and .cproject files are still in the project folder. However, they will be renamed to .project_org and .cproject_org during the import process.

The structure of the delivered ZIP-File however is really complex and contains software for different targets. I only want to work with L053.

Under D:\STM32\STM32CubeExpansion_NFC1_V1.8.0\Projects\Multi\Applications\WriteURI\SW4STM32\STM32L152RE-Nucleo\STM32L1xx-Nucleo-WriteURI I can oly find a .cproject and a .project.

All the other files, sources, middlware, drivers, etc. are anywhere under D:\STM32\STM32CubeExpansion_NFC1_V1.8.0

I do not have any clou, what to copy and where to copy, to get a working project under stm32cubeIDEs default workspace.

Could anyone point me to a step-by-step documentation, related to x-nuclea boards and cubeIDE?

Like always, google shows so many hits, that one can't find anything really usable, in this case.

Thanks in advance!

1 REPLY 1
KnarfB
Principal III

The idea is that you leave the complex structure of the examples as is.

This structure is mainly to avoid redundancies for the many projects and boards supported, I guess.

Start STM32CubeIDE and do File > Open Projects from File System ... and navigate to the folder containing the .cproject and .project files.

The import dialog should recognize the project and you are done.

You see the project tree in STM32CubeIDE despite of the unusual folder layout.

After you have successfully worked with the example project, you mighty start your own project.

Create a new STM32 project (in the default workspace) and within STM32CubeIDE copy (drag&drop) the relevant folders (like Middlewares, BSP,, ...) to your new project. You also have to adjust manually include paths and libraries.

hth

KnarfB