cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

This is a specific question Programming a new IC STM32030 using an ST-Link and STM32CubeProgrammer. I have spent considerable time trying to understand why I cannot connect to my stm32. I have attempted to connect and program through STM32CubeIDE also.

BMcCa.1
Associate

The St_link registers itself and the serial is updated etc. however when I attempt to connect to the newly soldered chip, I get the message that "No STM32 target found".

Am I attempting to program this chip incorrectly by using the SWDIO, GND, SWCLK and 3.3v single wire connections.

There is little to no examples I have found to do this, as most examples are for the premade nucleo boards etc.

Any advice would be greatly appriceated, or a reference to the correct data.

0690X00000DXP7KQAX.jpg0690X00000DXP7FQAX.jpg0690X00000DXP7AQAX.jpg

3 REPLIES 3
berendi
Principal

At least GND and 3.3V appears to be working, because ST-Link is able to detect it.

Have you tried other settings, like connect under reset, or lower frequency?

I haven’t tried different frequencies, I can give that a try.

As for doing it under reset. Would that be done through grounding the reset pin?

Yes, the flashing or debugging session will be started with reset pulled low. Of course you have to connect it to the ST-Link for it to work. Useful if the software messes up GPIO configuration (intentionally or by mistake). Though it should not be necessary with a brand new chip.