cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

About iOS 13 extendedReadMultipleBlocks command

RCui.1
Associate

Does ST25DV64K support the extendedReadMultipleBlocks command sent by iOS 13?

Although the data sheet says it supports but when I try that command using iOS 13, I keep getting the error: Tag Response Error.

And when I set the start block number larger than 256, it tells me that the range can't be out of (0,255), it's kinda weird, I'm using extended command, it should have 2 Bytes to stand for the address. (I have seen the source code of the app: STNFC Sensor, it seems not using this command)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

there is a known issue with extendedReadMultipleBlocks sent by iOS 13. A bug report has been sent to iOS developpers. Basically, as per ISO/IEC 15693-3, the "First

block number" parameter of Extended read multiple blocks command is a 2-bytes parameter whereas iOS13 encodes it as a 1-byte parameter causing the command to be erroneous. Therefore, any tag properly supporting the ISO 15693-3 Extended Read Multiple Blocks command will reject the extendedReadMultipleBlocks sent by iOS 13 as being erroneous.

Suggested workaround: use loop of Extended Read Single Block commands (command code 30h).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
Brian TIDAL
ST Employee

Hi,

there is a known issue with extendedReadMultipleBlocks sent by iOS 13. A bug report has been sent to iOS developpers. Basically, as per ISO/IEC 15693-3, the "First

block number" parameter of Extended read multiple blocks command is a 2-bytes parameter whereas iOS13 encodes it as a 1-byte parameter causing the command to be erroneous. Therefore, any tag properly supporting the ISO 15693-3 Extended Read Multiple Blocks command will reject the extendedReadMultipleBlocks sent by iOS 13 as being erroneous.

Suggested workaround: use loop of Extended Read Single Block commands (command code 30h).

Rgds

BT

In order to give better visibility on the answered topics, please click on Accept as Solution on the reply which solved your issue or answered your question.

Thank you for your answer!