cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Add an Interaction to all Screens?

Tuoman
Senior II

Hello,

Is there a way to add Interaction to every Screen?

I want to have power-off button Interaction which should appear to every screen. This common Interaction would be addition to the other interactions added in Designer.

I figured I could add handleKeyEvent() to FrontendApplication, but that will override all Interactions from all of the Screens.

Is this possible?

If I have 100 screens, do I need to individually add this Interaction to all of them? I hope not, that would be impossible to maintain.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Right now its not possible to share interactions. This would be solved by having the designer be able to create a "base" screen that is inherited by sub-screens. We really want to do this - It would make code so much cleaner and reduce the workload.

Hopefully soon!

/Martin

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

Right now its not possible to share interactions. This would be solved by having the designer be able to create a "base" screen that is inherited by sub-screens. We really want to do this - It would make code so much cleaner and reduce the workload.

Hopefully soon!

/Martin

@Martin KJELDSEN​ I would also like to request this feature to reduce the amount of duplication of common interactions for key handling - including to change screen to the previous or startup screens, rather than specifying an absolute screen.

Similarly my other request to list all the interactions so it's easy to spot incorrect/missing ones.

Hi @moredatalesscenter​,

This is also something we've talked about before. The complex version of this is a complete story board, but i'll try to talk to the designer team about a more simple solution to verify the correctness of the application. Can you think of anything else?

/Martin

Martin, that sounds good if there's a way to minimise general interactions that are not screen specific for the application. You mentioned on another post a while back about writing a script to do this post-code generation?

What do you mean by thinking of anything else? I've posted some other questions on other topics while you've been away. More generally, I'm interested in the roadmap and timing for upcoming TouchGFX releases - if they're going to be tied to specific CubeMX versions and when all the bugs reported and feature requests on the forum are being addressed. It feels like there is a good community here who want to make it an even better product than it is already.

@Martin KJELDSEN​ Martin, that sounds good if there's a way to minimise general interactions that are not screen specific for the application. You mentioned on another post a while back about writing a script to do this post-code generation?

What do you mean by thinking of anything else? I've posted some other questions on other topics while you've been away. More generally, I'm interested in the roadmap and timing for upcoming TouchGFX releases - if they're going to be tied to specific CubeMX versions and when all the bugs reported and feature requests on the forum are being addressed. It feels like there is a good community here who want to make it an even better product than it is already.