cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring STM32F746GDISCOVERY TouchGFX graphic application via STM32CUBEMX and STM32CubeIDE

Jiri Klokocka
Associate II

I have just spent two days configuring STM32F746GDISCOVERY graphic application via CUBEMX an finally get it work. So I'm sharing my steps.

It is written for dummies like me =)

Many thanks to Martin Kjeldsen for background information.

There are DOCx, RARed images, ioc file and whole project in the attachmments.

Edit: I should have mentioned that all the code added to main.c and other settings are from project generated by TouchGFX Designer.

Edit2: QUAD SPI is not configured corretly, here is the roght configuration in the video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=237lPdMsDZs

11 REPLIES 11
Martin KJELDSEN
Chief III

You're definitely not a dummy if you can do something like this! <3

/Martin

DMeis.1
Associate III

Wow, I really wish I would have gotten the STM32F746GDISCO instead of the 32f7508. This ALMOST works for me. the 7508 is finally using the memory but I am getting a "Break at address "0x800619e" with no debug information available" hmphfff...

HHarj.1
Senior

Very nice, thank you. This should be stickied!

Thanks a lot Martin!

32f7508 is the similar, but older one, right? Ia have simillar problem with older STM32F429-DISCOVERY. The newer STM32F429-DISC1 works fine.

Sasha_
Associate III

Is it possible to do the same without QSPI?

I think there shouldn't be any problem. I'm working at STM32F429 + TouchGFX + VGA display + USB Mouse and it works like a charm at 800×600 without QSPI.

Can you tell me how to configure TouchGFX to work without QSPI? All I could do was to spoil the program.

What MCU or board? STM32F746 I suppose? Do you have working project WITH QadSPI?