cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32CubeProgrammer 2.4.0 released

Nawres GHARBI
ST Employee

New features

• Added the support of the graphic user interface (GUI) for the firmware upgrade service (FUS) and stack upgrade for the entire STM32WB Series

• Support of HSM V2 on all STM32 microcontrollers and microprocessors supporting SFI/SSP

Fixed issues

77015 STM32CubeProgrammer cannot connect ST-LINK without the mass storage feature. 78350 STM32CubeProgrammer issue with STM32G0 when programming binary (size 18448 bytes).

Known problems and limitations

• For the STM32L5 Series, the connection via the ST-LINK protocol is allowed only when mode is set to hotplug with TZEN=1.

• For the STM32L5 Series, the Option Byte programming GUI is not intuitive enough. Refer to the STM32L552xx and STM32L562xx advanced Arm®-based 32-bit MCUs reference manual (RM0438) for permitted accesses.

• For STM32L4Pxxx and STM32L4Qxxx devices, Option Byte programming via bootloader interfaces presents some limitations.

• For STM32H7Axxx and STM32H7Bxxx devices, Option Byte programming via bootloader interfaces (USB) presents some limitations.

• STM32L5 series programming presents limitation in macOS® when TZEN=1 and RDP=0x55.

• With some small-screen resolutions, the graphical interface of STM32CubeProgrammer presents anomalies such as inaccessible buttons.

• Display issues depending on the monitor used can occur with Linux®.

• SFIx on STM32H743/753 devices fails via the debug interface.

• SFI-HSM V2 get certificate fails with STM32L462xx devices.

• Parallel Flash programming fails in macOS® for microprocessors in the STM32MP1 Series

Link:

https://www.st.com/content/st_com/en/products/development-tools/software-development-tools/stm32-software-development-tools/stm32-programmers/stm32cubeprog.html#overview

12 REPLIES 12
Uwe Bonnes
Principal II

Is there a way to update from inside STM32CubeProgrammer?

berendi
Principal

Does it come with embedded JRE, both the installer and the runtime?

https://community.st.com/s/question/0D70X00000763nW/oracle-jre-license-impact

JW

MHoss.1
Associate III

Unfortunately the new version still does not work with the current Mac OS, returning "LSOpenURLsWithRole() failed with error -10810". I need STM32_Programmer_CLI

but it is not in the app file so I cannot copy it either. Using "java -jar .exe" also does not make the programmer_CLI in the Applications (it has STM32MP_SigningTool_CLI). I'm trying to port SBSFU for my MCU and it seems the scripts need this tool.

June 1st.

Go to the STM32CubeProg home page and you can download versions 2.2.0 or 2.3.0, but not 2.4.0.

Ignore. Human interface fail on my part.

SVogl.1
Associate II

On MacOS Catalina (10.15.5) the installer does not run because it is unverified; after manual install (java -jar S*.exe), the STM32CubeProgrammer UI refuses to run with 'java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javafx/application/Application'

What's missing here?

> What's missing here?

A well defined release process including test plan.

DWWol.1
Associate

Greetings.

When to expect a version for Java 11?

On Ubuntu 20.04 with the 8 version of the problem