cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't debug an Nucleo L011K4 after upgrade

NA.12
Associate

I'm trying to learn some coding and STM32, and have been using STM32CubeIDE for some days now.

But today it did an upgrade, and after that I can't download (or debug) my code.

I have tried both OpenOCD and GDB-server.

In OpenOCD it says:

"Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:3333".

And in ST-LINK GDB server I get the error below:

"Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:61234".

Both filas at around 89% (almost no SW in it, only toggling the LED).

During this download phase, the SWD-LED is toggling between red and green (like it's downloading/communication).

I have STM32 ST-LINK Utility installed as well, and there I can connect to the board.

Any ideas on what in the update, that could have done this?

(I can also mention that I'm a newbe on this, so I guess it's a quite simple solution).

2 REPLIES 2
NA.12
Associate

Just found a log over it, maybe that could be to some help:

!ENTRY org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb 4 5012 2020-02-24 21:52:41.102

!MESSAGE Error in final launch sequence:

Failed to execute MI command:

target remote localhost:3333

Error message from debugger back end:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

!STACK 1

org.eclipse.core.runtime.CoreException: Failed to execute MI command:

localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.concurrent.Query.get(Query.java:112)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugSession(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:242)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launchDebugger(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:106)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb.launching.GdbLaunchDelegate.launch(GdbLaunchDelegate.java:94)

at com.st.stm32cube.ide.mcu.debug.launch.DSFDelegate.launch(DSFDelegate.java:285)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:860)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.core.LaunchConfiguration.launch(LaunchConfiguration.java:719)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin.buildAndLaunch(DebugUIPlugin.java:1017)

at org.eclipse.debug.internal.ui.DebugUIPlugin$2.run(DebugUIPlugin.java:1220)

at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:63)

Caused by: java.lang.Exception: localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.processMIOutput(AbstractMIControl.java:993)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.run(AbstractMIControl.java:822)

!SUBENTRY 1 org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.gdb 4 10004 2020-02-24 21:52:41.102

!MESSAGE Failed to execute MI command:

!STACK 0

java.lang.Exception: localhost:3333: The system tried to join a drive to a directory on a joined drive.

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.processMIOutput(AbstractMIControl.java:993)

at org.eclipse.cdt.dsf.mi.service.command.AbstractMIControl$RxThread.run(AbstractMIControl.java:822)

For newbie stuff where things actually work relatively painlessly out-of-the box, consider using KEIL, ST has a free license for CM0(+) devices.

Tips, buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..