cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FUS UPDATE ISSUE

PS.2
Associate II

0690X00000DXBGXQA5.pngIn my recent received P-Nucleo-MB1355C board, it has FUS version FUSv0.5.3, which need to upgraded with newer version available in STM32Cube_FW_WB_V1.4.0. While trying to update with -fwupgrade command, getting error Error: Firmware not authentic! . looking for a prompt suggestion. I have attached my cmd window image for reference -

15 REPLIES 15
Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​if you are using the USB port in DFU mode, could you read the value at 0x20030030 and also the SFSA option byte?

PS.2
Associate II

Hi Remi, Yes I can read value at 0x20030030 and its resulting updated FUS version (01000200). it seems firmware got updated with error as well ?

PS.2
Associate II

after above update, SFSA option byte status changed from 0xf6 to 0xf4.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​So, if SFSA = 0xF6, I can confirm the FUS has been correctly update to the new version 1.0.2.

You should be able to load the RF stack as well.

The error message you got is not meaningful.

PS.2
Associate II

Thanks Remi, for your quick turn around.

After wireless binary update its status changed to 0x9F, is it the correct installation?

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

If you load the RF stack at 0x0809F000 , it is OK. Which RF stack did you upload?

Usually , the best thing to do is to load the RF stack as close as possible of the FUS area to spare some space in the Flash memory for the user application.

PS.2
Associate II

stm32wb5x_Thread_FTD_fw.bin at  0x0809F000

PS.2
Associate II

Above one, Thread FTD.

Remi QUINTIN
ST Employee

​stm32wb5x_Thread_FTD_fw.bin at 0x0809F000 is correct!