cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clarification of system memory address and boot loader address and boot loader entry point (STM32H7)?

What is the relationship of system memory, system boot loader and system boot loader entry point (aka boot loader vector table) documented in various documents including AN2606 and device reference manuals?

H7A3 for example, RM0455 Rev.3, page 135 states that the system boot loader resides at 0x1FF00000, while AN2606 Rev 42, "Table 92. STM32H7A3xx/7B3xx configuration in system memory boot mode" states the system memory is 40KB starting at 0x1FFFA000.

Yet, actual boot loader vector table seems to be located at 0x1FF0A000.

Are these all non-conflicting information? I'm really confused.

I see the same kind of confusion for other H7 devices, and from what I can find from the net, the same confusion for numbers of other devices.

2 REPLIES 2
Imen.D
ST Employee

Hello @Yoichi Shinoda​ ,

In fact, 0x1FF0 0000 is the address of the secure bootloader (part of the system memory, see RM figure 😎

But this is only available for STM32H7B3xx/B0xx devices (crypto parts) and in secure access mode.

0x1FFF A000 is the address of the conventional bootloader (it’s not 40kB, it is 24kB in the ICP1)

But the description in the RM0455 on page 135 corresponds to the conventional system bootloader.

So, we will change the address in the RM to 0x1FFF A000.

Best Regards,

Imen

When your question is answered, please close this topic by clicking "Accept as Solution".
Thanks
Imen

Doesn't the address reflect in the Option Bytes?

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..