cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

STM32F205ZGT7 - Need technical support to program the STM32 in the OTA(On-The-Air)

DA.1115
Associate II

Hi, Thanks for sharing the experience and timely support.

I am new to STM32 controller and OTA programming. Kindly share the suggestion for the below queries.

Environment - STM32F205ZGT7, IAR workbench, ST-Link V2

1) Which executable file(.hex,.out,.bin) need to be used for OTA programming?

2) Suggestion for format(example - Motorola S-record) need to be followed to transmit the program file in the OTA and suitable for error recovery? (Info : executable file is available in the Cloud Server)

3) Executable file Received OTA need to be stored in the external flash and then during the restart custom boot-loader need to fetch the executable code from the SPI flash and write to the internal flash. (Info : custom boot-loader and Application program will be developed as a independent IAR workbench project).

Currently I need to develop the test application that perform the internal flash programming using the executable code stored in the SPI falsh. So I required to store the executable file in the test application code. So Which executable file(.hex,.out,.bin) need to be used and how to use it?

1 REPLY 1

The air doesn't really care what format you use, a binary format would be the most efficient. I'd probably use a packaged binary for that is compressed, encrypted and signed.

The DFU format might provide more modes of deliver, it is a binary format, allows for sparse files, and has a CRC. You could deliver via USB, SD Card, or whatever.

Review IAP (In-App Programming) examples.

Tips, Buy me a coffee, or three.. PayPal Venmo
Up vote any posts that you find helpful, it shows what's working..