cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CMSIS RTOS V1 : DSP and semaphore issues

DLim.16
Associate II

Hi,

I am using STM32F405, STM32Cube_FW_F4_V1.24.2, STM32CubeIDE, CMSIS RTOS V1, and CMSIS DSP library. I would like to use FFT and semaphores in my project.

Does semaphore not work with CMSIS DSP? I know I can get semaphores as well as the DSP related functions to work separately in different projects, but when they're combined in one project, it gives the following error:

"STM32CubeIDE/workspace_1.1.0/STM32F405_CMSIS_RTOS_V1_FFT/Debug/../Middlewares/Third_Party/FreeRTOS/Source/CMSIS_RTOS/cmsis_os.c:175: undefined reference to `__get_IPSR'"

Any idea how to troubleshoot this? I've attached my code for your reference.

Thanks.

1 REPLY 1
chaaalyy
Senior II

Hi 🙂

Did you find any solution ? Yesterday i ran into a similar problem... I had a project with TouchGFX and of course RTOS and different tasks / queues and semaphores running (quite large...) Then i decided to activate CMSIS DSP as additional software package...

Not my best Idea... It crashed the whole project (Graphics not shown anymore and so on) and when debugging (with the restricted capabilities of cubeIDE...) it hangs somewhere waiting for a semaphore...

Unfortunately even rolling back everything, doesn´t fix the project anymore. One time broken means forever in ST´s ecosystem :(