cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scrollable container and wildcard values

HHarj.1
Senior

Hello again,

I have a bunch of measurement results that I would like to display on the screen but space is getting too little. I looked at the scrollable container example, where the long text was put as a text resource (or whatever that is). However, my measurement results aren't, of course, static text so I would need to use wildcard text buffers. How could I implement this? 

16 REPLIES 16
Romain DIELEMAN
ST Employee

Hi,

What do you meant by "Space is getting too little"? Could you use multiple textArea widgets instead of one big one?

Could you add a screenshot of what your project looks like on Designer and possibly a bit more detail on what you wish to show? Some of the other examples might help you where they show a fixed text and changing values (for example the RadioButton example where Ressource is used but with non static text)

/Romain

Hi,

here is an example. I am using multiple text area widgets. There is a static text area for each measurement result (V1, V2..etc) and then a wildcard buffer for each of them. There are more results I would like to display than I can get fit on the display. Therefore I thought a scrollable container would be good, but I don't know how to implement that with wildcard values. I know how to do that with static text or normally with wildcard values when everything fits on the screen. I can make the font size smaller, but you can only do that for a certain point and it's not a good solution.

0690X00000DBxLHQA1.png

Instead of a scrollable container use a scollWheel or scrollList. I believe this is exactly what you need for your situation since you can have as many elements as you like with the textArea widgets you need. You can have a look at Tutorial 4 and at some of the projects using those widgets (some examples configure the scrollWheel or list through code and not designer directly, like in Demo 3).

Yes, that's what I was looking for. Thank you.

I looked at the scrollWheel tutorial. I think I would rather need to use the scrollList widget. Could you give me a pointer or a few how should I do that? I have 3 series of measurement results that I want to display. I would like that the all those 1s would be running index numbers and results (those 0s on that picture) wildcard values. Now they are in 3 separate scrollLists, but it would be best if they were in one. Is that possible since the text area seems to have 2 wildcard values maximum? I can live without that if I can get this otherwise working. Thanks in advance!

Edit: Should think a bit before blurting all out. Figured out I can make a custom container with 3 text areas and each with 2 wildcard values...0690X00000DBySsQAL.png

I read the tutorial about the Scroll List widget and tried to implement that but have to admit again my lack of competence. 0690X00000DC0UHQA1.jpg

I tried to implement the setValue function but no success. I would need some help doing that since I'm getting errors.

0690X00000DC0WcQAL.png

Hi,

I'll try to give you a better example if I have time this weekend. This could be useful for other people struggling with List and Wheel implementation.

That would be much appreciated. I look forward to it.

Hey,

bumping this up while I am doing lists manually since I can't update those values...a tedious job I can tell! I'm sure an example of a scroll list widget would be useful to many.